Colynn Vosburgh: 200 Hour YTT
Colynn Vosburgh, a Canadian Registered Nurse/Medical Student turned Yoga Instructor, brings her own unique flare of west meets east to the subject of anatomy.
May 6 – 27, 2023
Colynn Vosburgh E-RYT 500 started her journey in the healthcare field in 2000 while simultaneously also beginning her path in yoga. Moving through the ranks of uncertified Home Support Worker, Care Aide, Licensed Practical Nurse and then Registered Nurse, all within the Emergency Department, she thought she had found her place in the world. After years of service, being overworked and underappreciated, Colynn experienced burnout and decided that being a doctor was likely the answer to it all… She applied to and was accepted to Medical School and coincidentally also did her yoga teacher training. She immediately recognized that Med School was not the answer, but felt locked in due to family support and an incredibly large student loan. Colynn journeyed through it all, starting a yoga business while raising a family, while working as a nurse and becoming a doctor. Little sleep and an incredibly packed schedule, brought her to a place of committing to a path, and she chose the path of yoga. She decided to leave medical school and retire from nursing and put all of her energy into yoga and eventually coaching others in life and business. As life does, continued challenges of empty nest and new relationships brought her to the point of selling everything and starting on the nomadic path. Continuing on this path, Colynn spends a majority of her time in Costa Rica, loving the ocean, the jungle and most importantly the people.
The path of yoga and coaching has brought Colynn’s western knowledge and clinical experience to meet with her eastern yoga philosophy and chakra work to create her very personal and individually tailored offerings. She is filled with joy to offer anatomy lessons, yoga classes, past life regressions and facilitate teacher trainings to support awakening however that looks to each person. She has taught over a hundred Yoga Teacher Trainings and has thousands of hours of Yoga Training to support on this path.
This training will prepare and certify students to:
- Teach inspiring and safe group and private Hatha Yoga classes (including – Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin and Restorative) in a yoga studio, gym or corporate environment.
- Comprehend and apply intelligent sequencing with a clear focus on anatomical alignment inter-weaved with well thought out and consistent theme
- Offer informed, compassionate, and instructive hands-on assists and adjustments
- Utilize yoga philosophy to build compelling, inspiring yoga classes and use it as a tool for personal growth
- Hold space for your continued personal expansion and the personal transformation of others
- Have an in depth and firm grasp, and excitement to go deeper into, the use of experiential anatomy and physiology in yoga.
- Field the most common questions and issues from beginner students, including (but not limited to) mental health issues, autoimmune disorders, back or knee injuries, blood pressure, pregnancy, and stress. Understand how to safely work with these conditions in a nurturing, therapeutic manner.
- Understand the art and value of contemplation (meditation) and be able to lead others in the same from direct experience.
- Study the breath in all its beauty, fluctuations, and variations and prescribe different breathing techniques for different effects.
- Grasp the foundations and supporting energies of yoga, with emphasis on the Yoga Sutras, ethics, professionalism and the business of yoga.
- Feel comfortable and confident sharing all of these teachings with students.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM CURRICULUM
The process of learning to teach requires that you dive into your own life, your own practice and therefore requires that you prepare to go deep – emotionally, physically, intellectually & spiritually. There is a lot of material to cover in 3 weeks, so please ensure that you arrive for this experience ready to dive in and participate. Please ensure as much as possible, that you are able to address obligations and outside commitments before you arrive. Get started on your reading requirements, begin a 5 minute a day meditation practice and start journaling the process.
There is a heavy emphasis on anatomy and alignment, sequencing and theming, meditation and pranayama, and business and professionalism. So please be prepared to be on time, to have daily reading, practice and journaling assignments, and to complete a mid-term & final teaching demo with in person feedback, and you can miss no more than two classes.
Remember, yoga is a journey of self-discovery and building our sensitivity to the world around us. We will be discovering and releasing attachments to that which is familiar and constricting in order to build our light to shine brighter than ever. In order not to disrupt each other’s process, we will, as a group, abstain from drinking alcohol, smoking, or using drugs for the duration of the course. This training is not a time to vacation and party; think of it more as an intensive or cleanse dedicated to honest self-reflection, purification, and clarity . Days off and evenings are for you to enjoy in a healthy and conscious way, always being aware of the collective and the community we are creating during these 3 weeks.