This training is an opportunity for you not only to become a student and dive deeper into your own practice but also to learn the skills needed to lead others in a Yoga practice.
Johanna Godinez: 200 Hour YTT
Human Success Development Coach
Yoga Alliance E-500 RYT YACEP
June 3 – 24, 2023
Dorm: $3,495 + tax
Triple: $3,795 + tax
Double: $4,095 + tax
Single Deluxe: $4,595 + tax
Johanna Godinez has a BS in Marketing and an MBA in Management, so her career started in the business world. She began her Yoga practice on and off in 2007, but it wasn’t until 2008 that she incorporated a daily asana and pranayama practice. In 2008 she went through a depression that professionals attempted to address through medication, but she somehow knew that the answers she needed to move forward lay within. She found some answers at the Hilton Head Institute, where she learned about fitness, wellness and got to practice yoga; but this is the first time she had some insight at the power of the mind.
After a long year in 2008 she made a move back to her home town of Puerto Rico. While there she walked into David Kyle’s studio and fell in love with the practice of Ashtanga and the Rocket. At the time she had become a fitness professional and had found a passion in private and corporate wellness and fitness coaching and used yoga as a personal practice to center and unwind. In September of 2011 David approached Johanna about joining his teacher training; at the time it had not even crossed her mind to teach yoga, as this was her personal sanctuary. David proceeded to ask her “Why do you hoard the thing that you treasure the most?”. This question had put things into perspective for her and allowed her the YES required to begin to share the practice of Yoga.
After completing the certification, she began teaching at David’s studio and continuing to build her experience and name. In 2013, Johanna moved to NY where she joined LifeTime and began to teach LifePower Yoga. The musicality and rhythm incorporated was something new to her, so she attended their 200-hour YTT to help mold her teaching to this new style. Johanna credits LifePower Yoga for her ability to adapt her teaching to so many different styles and requirements students may desire. In 2017, Johanna moved to NC and became manager of the LifePower Studio in Matthews, NC, where she had the opportunity to go to Detroit and train to lead YTT with Jonny Kest.
Since then, Johanna has been leading teacher trainings across the US, PR and internationally. She founded Beyond Asana Yoga Lifestyle in 2019 when after years of practice she realized the philosophy of Yoga was being lost in the modern way that Yoga is being taught. Beyond Asana Yoga Lifestyle focuses on coming back to the yoga practice as a lifestyle, as a culture, as a daily way of approaching every action, word, and thought in life.
Mother nature reflects the energy of the world. How we feel and the vibrations that we carry inside, is how we react and what we tend to reflect to others externally. Many of us are currently living in polluted version of ourselves… The foods we ingest, the air we breathe, the media we consume and the thoughts that we foster can either improve or decay in our internal physical and mental health and reflect in the health and vibration of all parts of the world, irrespective of geography, race or socio-economic status. Why? Because we are all connected.
As the Founder of Life & Style Coaches and Beyond Asana Yoga School, Johanna offers an innovative and refreshing approach to coaching and personal transformation, as the foundation of her endeavors is based on the concept that you can achieve your dreams by aligning your life with your inner values. Alling with her team of affiliate coaches, her aim is to assist you in becoming the person you desire to be. Through her proprietary life-mapping process she facilitates self-discovery through inquiry, reflection, reprogramming and creativity.
From humble beginnings to powerful female entrepreneur, speaker and certified wellness practitioner, Johanna Godinez is skyrocketing to success, quickly becoming one of the leading wellness professionals in the nation. Searching for life’s meaning, Johanna has traveled the world and has studied the works of the world’s best teachers, including the likes of Patanjali, Napoleon Hill, Neville Goddard, Alan Watts and Ram Das. With a mission to give back to the community and support the collective, Johanna now spends most of her time helping others achieve whole-life wealth and massive success through her events, programs, retreats, and lifestyle development coaching.
Welcome to your best life!
This training will prepare and certify you with these goals in mind:
- Understanding the known history and philosophy of yoga
- Understanding the various paths and styles of yoga
- Learn the lineage of the practice you are learning
- Understanding basic anatomy and anatomical variations (tension, compression and range of motion)
- Introduce the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Learning about Krishnamacharya and his influence in yoga
- Understanding the 8-limbed path of Ashtanga Yoga
- Ashtanga as a base for Vinyasa, power, hot or flow classes
- Learn how to properly script and lead 3 different styles of Yoga classes
- Sequencing Vinyasa, Hatha and Restorative classes
- Understanding ourselves and the deeper lifestyle of yoga
- Learning personality styles, communication styles and how to be a flexible teacher
- Understanding the stages of setting up impactful and transformational classes
- Understand the Ethical Guidelines a Yoga teacher should adhere to
- Understand the business of Yoga
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM CURRICULUM
Taking Yoga Beyond the Mat and Into Our Daily Lives.
SECTION 1: Understanding Yoga
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Yoga
- Lesson 2: Meditation: Silence the Mind
- Lesson 3: Pranayama: Control the Breath
- Lesson 4: The Paths of Yoga
- Lesson 5: Hatha Yoga
- Lesson 6: Sanskrit: The Ancient Language of Yoga
SECTION 2: Early History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Lesson 7: Early History of Yoga
- Lesson 8: Yoga Sutras Book One: Prathama Samadhi Pada – Contemplation
- Lesson 9: Yoga Sutras Book Two: Sadhana Pada – The Practice
- Lesson 10: The First Four Limbs of Ashtanga Yoga
- Lesson 11: Foundations of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Lesson 12: The Last Four Limbs of Ashtanga Yoga
- Lesson 13: Yoga Sutras Book Three: Vibhuti Pada – Accomplishments
- Lesson 14: Book four: Kaivalya Pada – Absoluteness
- Lesson 15: Modern History Yoga
SECTION 3: Anatomy Part 1 –-The Body in Motion
- Lesson 16: Planes of Motion
- Lesson 17: The Musculoskeletal System
- Lesson 18: Types of Levers
- Lesson 19: The Body’s Systems
SECTION 4: Modern Yoga, Lineage & Evolution of Ashtanga
- Lesson 20: Yoga Lineage
- Lesson 21: Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Lesson 22: Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Opening Invocation and Closing Mantra
- Lesson 23: Surya Namaskara A & B
- Lesson 24: The Standing Postures of the Primary Series
- Lesson 25: The Seated Postures of the Primary Series
- Lesson 26: The Finishing Sequence of Ashtanga
SECTION 5: Anatomy Part 2 – Anatomical Variations
- Lesson 27: Understanding Anatomical Variations
- Lesson 28: The Truth About Alignment
SECTION 6: Poses Outside the Primary Series Sequence
- Lesson 29: Postures Outside the Ashtanga Sequence
- Lesson 30: Light on Yoga Part 2 – Categorizing Postures
- Lesson 31: Adjustments & Modifications of Postures
- Lesson 32: Progressions and Regressions of Postures
SECTION 7: Qualities of a Great Teacher
- Lesson 33: Qualities of A Great Teacher
- Lesson 34: Effective Communication
SECTION 8: Class Design, Plan, Sequencing and Delivery
- Lesson 35: Class Design
- Lesson 36: Class Sequencing
- Lesson 37: Class Planning
- Lesson 38: Class Delivery
SECTION 9: Ethics of a Yoga Teacher & The Business of Yoga
- Lesson 39: Tips for new Teachers: What to Teach, What Not to Teach
- Lesson 40: Ethics of Yoga
- Lesson 41: The Business of Yoga
SECTION 10: Additional Resources
Sequencing & Lesson Planning
SECTION 11: Completing Your Certification
Completing Your Certification Quizzes
Turn in all quizzes and Essays
Sequence and teach a planned and scripted class for one of the 3 formats covered
Observe and fill out feedback form on 5 yoga classes
Turn in a 10-minute video about something that has inspired you about Yoga
Turn in a 2-minute video about how YTT has affected your perspective in life
The first required reading is to be completed before the training begins. This book is meant to put into perspective the deeper meaning of Yoga and the journey you are embarking on. It is also recommended that you glance through: Yoga Mala, Light on Yoga & The Yoga Anatomy books and start to familiarize yourself with poses, yoga terms, the body, how it functions and how it moves.
Assignments due before start of the program:
- Man’s Search for Meaning Essay and Quiz
- Onboarding Form
- Ethical Precepts
HOW A 3 WEEK YTT SCHEDULE WORKS
A 200 hour teacher training taught in 3 weeks means that this will be an intense immersive experience.
On week one you will get to learn all about the philosophy, history, evolution, styles and types of yoga. You will also get basic anatomy training, Ashtanga yoga breakdown and will already get to experience leading fellow students in various practices.
On week two we will learn different ways to sequence a variety of styles of classes. Using what we learn from Ashtanga Yoga, Light on Yoga and 2100 Asanas; you will be able to sequence three different experiences (vinyasa, hatha, and restore). We will also break down what makes a good teacher, the ethics of yoga and how to incorporate yoga as a business in a variety of ways.
On week three it’s all about teaching and supporting each other. You will choose 4 classes to attend and offer feedback on as well as teach a chosen sequence which will serve as your final exam. Once all quizzes, essays and feedback have been turned in, you will receive the certificate that you may use to register as a teacher with Yoga Alliance.
Attendance and participation are required, and hours missed must be made up to complete the required 200 hours for your Yoga Alliance accredited certification. Book pages, articles, homework, discussions, class choreography and quizzes are due as scheduled. All discussions should be interactive, and active participation is highly encouraged.
Mindset is key. Attempt to have an open mind for the duration of this journey. As we dive deeply into the practice, keep a positive attitude and gain awareness of your patterns as you begin to rub up with any edges of discomfort in your body and your mind.
- Minimum of six months practicing yoga (and have a basic understanding of the practice)
- Read the Book Man’s Search For Meaning (essay and quiz will be due before training)
- Sign and turn in Ethical Precepts
- Familiarize yourself with the poses on the Ashtanga Vinyasa Sequence
If you are interested in this training, please fill out THIS FORM. Upon acceptance, you will secure your deposit and become enrolled in the program.
We look forward to meeting you and taking this journey together. It will be deep, intense, and life-changing.
Example of a typical day:
- 7am: Fruit and homemade granola is served
- 7:30am-9am: Meditation and asana practice
- 9am-10am: breakfast
- 10am-1pm: Lessons 4, 5 & 6 (The Paths of Yoga, Hatha Yoga & Sanskrit)
- 1pm-2pm: lunch
- 2pm-5pm: Lessons 7, 8 & 9 (Early History of Yoga, Yoga Sutras Book One & Yoga Sutras Book Two)
- 5pm: snack
- 5:30pm-6:30pm: Meditation / Pranayama
- 7pm: dinner
- Yoga Mat and props (provided by Anamaya)
- Notebook & Pen/Pencil
- Appropriate Books
- Re-fillable Water Bottle
- An Open Mind
Required books and material:
You will need the following books for the program. Prepare by familiarizing yourself with them in advance before the program starts, and also bring them to the training with you. Electronic PDF copies are available through Johanna if needed.
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl – Essay and Quiz Due Before the training.
- Yoga Mala by Patabbhi Jois
- Light on Yoga by Iyengar
- The Manual of Yoga Anatomy by Sally Parkes
- Yoga Sutras Interpretive Translation by Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati
- 2100 Asanas by Daniel Lacerda
- A notebook for class notes, and a personal journal
This is the best 200 hour Teacher Training out there!!! Johanna is incredibly knowledgeable in a variety of areas including yoga philosophy, physical abilities, meditation, mindfulness, and even the business of yoga. This is a comprehensive experience and I highly recommend it!!!!! Sign up today and watch your perspective and your life change for the better! Pure magic!!! I’m filled with so much gratitude to have successfully achieved my Yoga Instructor Certification. A huge “thank you” to Johanna and Manjeet and my loved ones for always supporting me on my adventures.
When I met Johanna I was obese, ashamed of my appearance, with no self esteem and had a skyrocketing blood pressure, on the verge of a heart attack or stoke. My introduction to yoga and the support I received by Johanna was life changing. Through yoga she immediately got me to start taking care of myself. She knew when to push me hard and when to let up. Her introduction to yoga and her support were life changing. Today I am 70 pounds lighter, a certified Yoga Teacher with a new overall lease in life. Johanna was a crucial influence in the life changes I made to better myself and find my purpose. Her compassion her energy and her drive are remarkable. If you come to her for help, she simply will not stop until you are on the road to bettering yourself and fulfilling your purpose.
I have experienced different types pf programs with Johanna since 2008, and she is just simply amazing. She puts so much energy, life and dedication into what she does. I have always felt like she cares about me reaching my goals as much as I do. Her positive attitude combined with her commitment makes her an amazing mentor.
Secure your spot today!
If you are interested in this training, please fill out THIS FORM. Upon acceptance, you will secure your deposit and become enrolled in the program. I look so forward to meeting you and taking this journey together. It will be deep, intense, and life-changing. I will support you and bring my best every step of the way.