PRENATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Become a Yoga Teacher for Pregnant Women
This 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training is a fantastic opportunity to dive deep into the experience of how women individually navigate pregnancy, and all of its facets. We uncover the “hidden” mysteries of our cycles and rhythms with the earth, moon, and universe. We live and breathe each of the four phases or trimesters during pregnancy and motherhood while in tune with the four directions of the ancient medicine wheel. Every aspect of pregnancy and prenatal yoga will be incorporated with the goal of feeling fully confident to work with this very special demographic.
This prenatal training is derived from different yoga traditions, such as Ashtanga Vinyasa, Sivananda and Iyengar. It is designed beyond form and tradition and aims to encompass the essence of yoga and spirituality as a practice of Union.
We guide each class with ease, intention and with the highest regard for the pregnant mother. We focus on the roots of our yoga tradition, where yoga is used as an instrument to reveal the truth of our existence as spiritual beings.
Our Yoga Teacher Training is a holistic program; to understand Yoga you must first understand Self… body, mind, and spirit. We use the four directions of the Native American Medicine wheel as a guide and foundational structure for the course. Within each direction, we will focus on different types of movement, nourishment and meditation to meet the mother Goddess. We bring to life the ancient teachings of wise wimyn all over the world, through accessible and intuitive based teaching methods.
July 30 – Aug 6, 2022
Your Instructor Gabriella embodies the divine feminine in all aspects of her life. Living and sharing as a stay-at-home-mom, nutritionist, jewelry artist, painter, herbalist, massage therapist, doula, prenatal yoga teacher, naturalist and mother. She celebrates the energy of creation within every step through life. Continually living in awe and admiration of the beauty and perfection of every moment.
She shares prenatal yoga classes and teacher trainings, wimin’s gatherings, and sacred feminine retreats with School Yoga Institute, Mystical Yoga Farm, and Indi Birth. She is the co-founder of Mystical Mama Yoga with her partner, Mara Panacci. Her love and devotion is felt in attending her gatherings where ancestors and spirits of the ancient merge with mamas of modern life to create magic.
Gabriella currently lives in the Californian Sierra mountains with her family. She is immersing herself in the precious time of motherhood. Gardens grow, yoga is shared, art flows, tea is sipped and harmony is created. She is particularity drawn to the sacred time of pregnancy when the universe opens just a bit more, and the creative energies of the universe flow in. Embodying the pregnancies and naturally euphoric births of her daughter, Munai, and son Manny, her love and passion emanates in holding space for the new souls residing within a pregnant mother.
PLEASE NOTE: These prices include accommodations, all meals, and tuition for the training. They do NOT include taxes or travel.
In this 85-hour YTT, learn to teach yoga to pregnant women, support them through pregnancy and birth, and be a part of raising consciousness in our future generations.
In this Journey, we will flow through the trimesters as well as through the Peruvian Medicine Wheel as we dive into the Divine Feminine and Mother Archetype. As we move through our own transformations we reveal what it is we are called to share with the future children of the world, inside of the pregnant mother.
Mothers hold the seeds of the next generation of conscious creators inside the heart of their wombs, making it imperative for us to hold space for this transformation. Within this very sacred time of being pregnant a mother is a moving temple and all that she thinks, eats, and does is imprinted on the baby inside of her. Yoga provides a precious gift of translating that sacredness into everyday life and into the baby within, motherhood and beyond.
Yoga teachers, doulas, midwives, birth workers, nurses, mothers, or anyone wanting to learn more about this sacred time, are all invited to share in this Mystical Mama Journey.
We will be joined by local midwives as they share their wisdoms of being a Midwife in Guatemala, all called to this way of life by their dreams. We will also be connected to Midwives in the Western World as they share their own wisdoms of being with pregnant women before, during, and after birth.
You will leave this training feeling empowered and prepared to guide pregnant women on their journey, either through yoga classes or in a support role. As well as gaining in depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology, the fundamentals of building a safe prenatal class and the importance of nutrition, we will break down numerous common poses in detail. We will also explore the importance of ancient wisdoms, such as placenta as medicine and undisturbed birth. This training is a merging of the heart and science of becoming a mother and how yoga can serve as both.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM CURRICULUM
- Work through the traditional Peruvian Shamanic Medicine Wheel in a process of embodying the transformation that a pregnant womyn undergoes.
- Learn tools to modify numerous yoga poses to accommodate mother at differing stages of gestation through detailed anatomy and physiology modules, as well as guidance and feedback on creating your own unique sequences.
- Continue to live the yogic lifestyle, improve your personal practice and develop a deep appreciation for the role of Mother and the Goddess archetype.
- Incorporate daily Meditation, Pranayama and Asana specific to fertility prenatal fertility.
- Explore the Art of Teaching through interactive daily workshops and learn through regular peer-teaching starting day one.
- Hone in on the art of creating sacred space and honoring the Ddivine Ffeminine through Ceremonies of the Blessing Way, the Birth Labyrinth, belly casting, henna painting, sacred pregnancy and birthspecial songs, poetry, mother art, natural self care and creative writing.
Participate in daily Satsang, evening gathering, and learn traditional Kirtan chants from India and the rest of the world
- Study the wisdom passed down from the sages on topics pertaining to pregnancy and birth through our Tea With The Sages module. Daily discussions based on material from our recommended reading list.
- Learn the ancient art of placenta medicine, as well as how to create a 30 day baby moon for mother and baby.
- Explore yoga for labour preparation and poses for birth.
- Discuss the important roles that birth partners play in the mother’s life, as well as creating conscious community, sisterhood and a sense of belonging. Mothers must be mothered in order to mother their babies.
- Discuss how to support a womyn through infertility, miscarriage and infant loss, using our knowledge of yoga, meditation, ritual, ceremony, self care and community.
This comprehensive program will leave you feeling fully empowered to not only guide a pregnant mother through a safe and effective yoga experience, but to walk with her on this most sacred transformational journey.
6:30-7:00 a.m. Guided/Self Meditation
7:00 a.m. Fruit
7:30-9:00 a.m. Asana
9:00-10:00 a.m. Breakfast Nourishment
10:00-11:00 a.m. Anatomy/Physiology
11:00-1:00 p.m. Special Topic (Sacred Fertility, Nutrition, Miscarriage, World Traditions, Maternal Positioning, Cacao Workshop, BlessingWay, Placenta Medicine, etc.
1:00-3:00 p.m. Lunch Nourishment & Self Sadhana
3:00-5:00 p.m. Art of Asana
5:00 p.m. Snack
5:30-6:30 p.m. Satsaung/Evening Ceremony
7:00 p.m. Dinner Nourishment
***PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is subject to change